Sunday, July 19, 2009

I will post soon

I have been slipping, hardcore. What happened is that I realized that these are my last days in Tokyo. I leave for the festival on Thursday, and then I only have a day and a half in Tokyo before I leave. Because of this I have spent as much time as possible out doing things, crossing out the items of my "stuff I still have to do" list. Tuesday I will go to the Studio Ghibli museum, and perhaps Wednesday I will finally go tour the palace.

I will give the mini update now, with a more in depth one on the way.

The second half of my week was amazing. I loved Osaka and really enjoyed seeing my friends and making some new ones in Sapporo.

Friday I saw Kirihito. The whole show was great. Each of the openers were very different. There was a hardcore band (Japanese people moshing?) and a comedic MC (Sort of like a Bar Mitzvah dj).

Last night I went to a club in Shinjuku where there was a Shoegaze band playing live and a bunch of DJs. The craziest part was how the DJs were playing the Smiths, My Bloody Valentine, Beatles, and a whole bunch more surprisingly amazing selections. Even more impressive was how everyone in there was singing along.

Tonight I am attending the Urban Tribes 09 all night event. This is the one of the premier Hip Hop events in Japan, and DJ Krush is going to be there.

There will be a flood of posts soon.

3 comments:

  1. school me in japanese hip hop when we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. studio ghibli omg, can't wait for ponyo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um... you probably figured out that I didn't actually go to Sapporo. Sorry I have failed epically at finding you in this country so far! I was excited in that I'm going to Tokyo after the end of my program, I might be able to hang, but apparently you're heading home before that. Ooops.

    At least we'll always be together in our hearts?

    ReplyDelete