Monday, July 6, 2009

And So It Begins

I am waiting for my laundry to finish, and then I will take a nap. When I wake up around 4:30, I will complete the packing process and I am off to Tokyo Station to start the first leg of my explorations in the rest of Japan by spending two days in Kyoto followed by two days in Osaka.

Kyoto may be a city, but it is home to some of the greatest pieces of Japanese cultural history. My main focus will be to go Temple and Shrine hopping, taking a ton of pictures. I don't care if I go hyper-tourist, because it will be worth it. My pride can take the hit for this awesome experience. Beyond the historical structures, my friend informed me that Kyoto had some of the best T-shirts he had seen in Japan, so I will be on the look out.

Osaka is the Chicago of Japan (I say this because Osaka and Chicago are actually sister cities). It has the largest Aquarium in the world, a huge castle, a great nightlife, and a Japanese civil rights museum that I have heard great things about. On top of this, it is known as the kitchen of Japan, boasting the greatest cuisine in the country. I will sample as much as my stomach can handle.

I am not sure when I will get around to posting, as my time will be focused on running around and seeing things. I do have my computer with me, so I will be checking email and such.

2 comments: