Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Grand Finale

Tomorrow I leave for the Fuji Rock Festival. Though the actual festival doesn't start until Friday, I thought it would be better to get settled in my hotel and not be rushed on Friday.

I am really excited. I will be seeing a bunch of artist I haven't really checked out before, and finally see some artists I have listened to for years.

Friday will probably be something like this:

Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Longwave
White Lies/Curly Giraffe (leaning towards Curly Giraffe)
Ebony Bones (if I can catch any of it, or if the two above are boring)
M83
Low I.Q. and The Beatbreaker
The Virgins
Peaches/Tortoise (probably going to do a half and half thing)
Simian Mobile Disco
Clammbon

And then at night I will see Eye, DJ Towa Tei, and maybe Gang Gang Dance.

Saturday:

A Flood of Circle (that or I sleep through them, since no one else is playing)
9mm Parabellum Bullet
Funeral Party
Ida Maria
Gaslight Anthem/Cool Wise Men (or nothing, this slot is kind of a dud)
Comeback my Daughters
The Melvins
Ben Harper
Zazen Boyz
BAD BRAINS!!!
DINOSAUR JR!!!
Public Enemy

Sunday:

Mass of the Fermenting Dregs
Polysics
Holy F*ck
The Airborne Toxic Event/Dachambo
HiGE (maybe)
De De Mouse
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
Rovo (maybe)
Yukihiro Takahashi
Animal Collective
Weezer
Royksopp
Basement Jaxx

Sunday really worked out especially at the end there. Too bad I am missing Disco Biscuits again.
Saturday Morning is weak, but the night is the best of the festival (How in the hell did they schedule that so perfectly). Nothing too monumental on Friday, but some new stuff to check out. Why did they schedule Peaches and Tortoise at the same time?

No comments:

Post a Comment